An toilet overflow can cause water damage to your home or business with the potential for damages to be in the thousands. Approximately, 30% of all toilet problems start with a clogged toilet.
Here are some tips to help you prevent a toilet overflow in your home.
- Do not flush the toilet multiple times. This action may worsen the problem significantly.
- Use a quality plunger, not a mini or cheap plunger.
- Check the float, if you think it may be a clogged toilet, adjust the float to make sure that it is not an adjustment that is required.
- If the water is actively overflowing, turn off the water immediately.
- Check for a Faulty Flapper. Your toilet’s flapper is a plastic or rubber cap that keeps water in your tank. Over time, your flapper can become brittle and create a faulty seal.
- Check the chain. Make sure the chain connected to your flapper is not catching on anything.
About American Claims Ensurance
American Claims Ensurance specializes in homeowners and business insurance claim representation. We work vigorously and for YOU to ensure you get the highest possible settlement from the insurance company. Best of all, when you hire the best public adjusters to represent you, you will not have to deal with the stress of working with your insurance company.
American Claims Ensurance offers our insurance claim representation services on a contingency fee basis to YOU. That means, that if we do not collect any funds for you, we do not get paid at all. We will handle the entire claim process from beginning to end and make sure you get the settlement YOU deserve.
American Claims Ensurance has decades of combined experience and expertise knowledge on how the claim process works. We will also help to expedite your water damage or other type of claim as quickly as possible.
We represent home and business owners and are retained as expert witnesses by various law firms in a variety of property loss claims, including: